Data and insights from The NPD Group’s State of the Physical Console Market Study are your resource for
understanding the latest trends across platforms, software, marketing, and streaming. Drive strategy and
review the opportunities and risks to prepare for greater success in 2020.
- Understand the relationship of cross-ownership and engagement across platforms
- Identify the physical revenue percentage of the software market that the 10 largest publishers accounted for in 2019
- Uncover the impact of the indie market and its effect on the market
- Explore the impact eSport and niche community events had on Twitch
- Discover which genres drove the most revenue in the physical console software market in 2019
Back in the old days, a video game platform was synonymous with a console — like an N64 or Xbox 360.
Today, that’s quickly changing. Video games themselves are increasingly becoming platforms with the rise
of DLC, Games as a Service model, and e-sports. Today, publishers and developers are pressured to deliver
the content their gamers demand, when they demand it. Manufacturers, on the other hand, must know
how their gamers interact with content and hardware to power the best gaming experiences. Data and
insights from NPD and EEDAR, an NPD Group Company, can ensure you’re responsive to the needs of your
gamers, so they remain loyal and don’t flee to another publisher or manufacturer.